Here are the events we have for you.
Click on them to expand the boxes and see the rules.
Design, develop, describe stuff.
- Members per team: Max 3 or Min 1
- All the work has to be done from home and submitted to us via email. Each team must make a zip file and send us the file at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd May 2019
- Theme: You are an employee at Apple Inc. and along with an amazing team of engineers, you have developed a revolutionary product called "Apple Juice". It's a packaged bottle of Apple Juice that can do amazing things. Now, if you wish to save your job, you must make marketing material for this product.
- Accepted entry types: (Create at least one of the things from this list. Making more than two will be highly appreciated.)
- Video: The participants will have to create a product video for the launch event
- Website: Website with the features and functionality of the product.
- Banner: Product Banner
- Presentation: Presentation for the launch keynote
- 3D-CAD Design: A 3D-CAD model of your Apple Juice bottle
- Note: We would like to see more of Product Videos and Websites.
- All entries have to be digital. Handmade banners are not allowed.
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. You are not allowed to use copyrighted content from the internet. Anyone found using copyrighted images, sounds et cetera shall be disqualified.
- Recommended technologies for the website:
- HTML 5.x
- CSS 3
- SCSS(Optional but recommended)
- Recommended text editors for ease of development of the website:
- Sublime Text
- Visual Studio Code
- Recommended software for the video:
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Animate
- Final Cut Pro
- Recommended software for the poster:
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Recommended platform for presentations:
- PowerPoint 2013 and above
- Recommended platform for CAD design:
- Prohibited Software:
- Windows Movie Maker
- Microsoft FrontPage
- Adobe Dreamweaver
Skill Assessment Required
- It is an onsite pen paper skill assessment test that is mandatory for all Quick Byte participants.
- Any team/individual that does not appear for the Skill Assessment shall be disqualified from their respective event(s).
- The topic(s) which will be tested shall be declared on the day of the test itself.
- No preparation for the test is required.
- It will be held on 15th, Wednesday in the Senior Computer Lab in the 0pd.